Jun 14, 2012

Basenotes - Neutral Reviews of Axe Dark Temptation / Lynx Dark Temptation by Axe / Lynx

Basenotes - Neutral Reviews of Axe Dark Temptation / Lynx Dark Temptation by Axe / Lynx

This review is for Dark Temptation Eau de Toilette


I have smelled both bodyspray and EdT of this; they are quite different and not surprisingly EdT is better. It is widely available here in Finland. 100ml bottle goes approx. for 12euros.


DT is a fresh spicy scent with gourmand qualities. It doesn’t resemble chocolate/coffee fragrances such as A*Men and Rochas Man, but more strawberrish scents like Hanae Mori for men and Paco Rabannes Black XS.

DT does have chocolate tone to it too for sure, but it isn’t that prominent at all. Quite feminine scent but sharp and slightly bitter spicy edge makes it very contemporarily masculine.

I don’t know the notes/ingredients of Dark Temptation (I think there hasn’t even been a release of any kind from the brand), but if I had to guess I would probably think of something like this:

Top: Bergamot, Fruity Accent, Spicy Notes
Heart: Lavender, Strawberry, Cedarwood, Fern
Base: Woods, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Chocolate



Dark temptation is not a high quality fragrance, but on the other hand, it doesn’t smell any cheaper than many of its more expensive companions. It is quite strong and long lasting with surprisingly large amount of nuances. I mean, I have smelled a niche stuff that is much more linear than this.

Nice low budget juice. Not for me, though.
3rd March, 2009.

No comments: